Keep Your Kids Active this Holiday Break!
Now that the kids are home for the holidays, it’s easy to get into the “couch potato” rut. So you want to find ways to keep your kids active this holiday break, especially since some kids are home for almost 3 weeks.
It’s always been my experience that keeping kids on their regular schedule is always the best way to go. That way they don’t get out of the good habits they formed over the last few months of school. I’m not suggesting getting them up early every day and forcing them to do hours of homework every night — lets face it, it is their break. But why not keep your kids busy and active.
Here are some suggestions:
– Talk regular walks or bike rides (with or without the dog)
– Plan a few outdoor activities like a family hike, group ice skating or a pick up football game
– Improve your athletes skills by going to the batting cages, take private swim lessons, etc.
– Give them projects around the house that involve work (cleaning, doing laundry etc)
– Instead of video games on the computer, use the Xbox or wii games that keep you on your feet
– Plan a few family meals that involve shopping, prepping and cooking (great way to teach the kids to eat healthy)
– Keep their minds strong with reading, puzzles and games
However you decide to spend the holiday break, keep your kids in a routine, you will be glad you did.
Our NUMBER #1 priority is to provide you with outstanding money-saving deals and opportunities and, in some way, to add value to your life and to the lives of those whom you love and care about. To accomplish this goal, we spend time researching and validating deals and offerings. Some deals involve products or services sold by merchants that have affiliate programs. If I find a product or service, which I believe is a “great deal,” I have no issue referring you to the product or service with an affiliate link. We may also allow third-party merchants to place text links, graphic buttons and/or banner ads on Sports Mom. I might get paid a commission if you use the link and/or buy the product. Whether you use the link or buy the product is entirely up to you.
Sports Mom routinely contains third-party advertising and links to external third-party websites. By providing advertising and links to other sites, Sports Mom does not guarantee, approve, or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link or advertising indicate any association with, or endorsement by, the linked site to the Sports Mom website. Sports Mom has no control over and makes no warranty or guarantee regarding the quality, usability, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings or the ability of sellers to sell items or honor their coupon or promotion.
Restrictions typically apply to coupons and promotions. You are completely responsible for learning what restrictions apply to each coupon or promotion.